Rebate = Up to $5,000
And Baker makes it easy by handling the SGIP application for you.
Love the idea of adding a battery to your home? As a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer, we can answer your questions and help you make the right choice. And if you purchase, we’ll apply for your SGIP rebate and reserve your spot. SGIP is currently closed in SDGE awaiting new funding, but is available in SCE.
SGIP: Making home batteries ultra-affordable.
Please be aware SGIP is currently closed in SDGE awaiting new funding, but is available in SCE.
- Up to a $5,000 SGIP rebate
- In conjunction with the Federal Investment Tax Credit, the total cost of the system can be reduced by 50% or more.
- A signed contract with Baker Electric Home Energy is required.
- Baker will submit the SGIP application on your behalf.
What are the details of SGIP?
The Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP), is a California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) incentive meant to support emerging renewable energy technology such as wind, waste heat, fuel cells, and of course energy storage.
How does fund allocation work?
The CPUC has allotted a certain amount of funds for residential energy storage projects. The funding will be disbursed in a tiered system, each tier has a specific amount of funds allocated. When funding for a tier is exhausted, the program falls into the next tier. The difference between tiers is amount of incentive the applicant receives, for example, the first-tier is the full 50 cents per Watt hour, the next tier is 40 cents per Watt hour, and incentive amounts continue to drop by 10 cents until the program funding is exhausted.
How do I get paid?
Once the project is installed and operating as designed, an Online Incentive Claim Form needs to be submitted. The incentive payment will be made after the claim is approved. The payment is made directly to the homeowner by the SGIP administrators, the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE).
- Application submitted: SGIP administrators will approve applications until funding is exhausted. If an application is not accepted into the current tier of funding, the applicant has several choices, such as a lottery-style wait list or automatic acceptance into the next tier of funding.
- Within 7 calendar days: Baker Electric Home Energy will mail the application fee within 7 calendar days of Reservation Request assignment. The application fee is paid for using the customer's deposit.
- Submitted for Review: Your project is then reviewed by SGIP administrators.
The latest edition of the Self Generation Incentive Program Handbook can be found here: https://www.selfgenca.com/documents/handbook/2017